RPS is a global professional services firm that defines, designs, and manages projects while solving problems that matter to a complex, urbanising, and resource-scarce world. We solve problems that matter to our clients and their communities. We are easy to work with. We are confidently pragmatic, and we have a winning mindset. Making complex easy.
ABOUT THE JOB
A rare opportunity to join our Melbourne team and oversee our Defence projects.
RPS is an industry leader in project and program management throughout Australia, with a strong construction Project Management team in Melbourne, leading a range of significant government projects, including major Defence projects.
We are seeking a highly motivated, qualified and experienced Project Director with previous Defence planning and delivery phase experience.
You will enjoy working with RPS if you are committed to a career in Project Management and are looking for scope, autonomy, challenge, collaboration and a place at the front line on projects. We are offering you the opportunity to be part of our continued success, providing you with a challenging and rewarding role where your efforts will be recognised.
- Identify opportunities for new business development;
- Managing relationships with consultants, contractors and subcontractors to ensure a high level of performance in relation to time, cost, and quality requirements;
- Strategically plan and deliver project requirements to provide a high level of client satisfaction;
- Manage a team of construction professionals to deliver quality outcomes;
- Deliver high-quality service in consideration of time and cost constraints;
- Monitor project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality and time requirements;
- Assist with development and implementation of project programs, including but not limited to concept planning, design, implementation, and closeout phases;
- Manage and administer contracts including invoices, reports and other deliverables within deadlines;
- Participate consultatively in project and process audits;
- Assist in selected future bids, proposals, business development and conversion activities.
You will be someone who has:
- A demonstrated ability to manage and grow business relationships;
- Defence PMCA planning, development and delivery phase experience;
- Defence Managing Contractor Contract experience (preferred);
- Demonstrated history of leading teams;
- Clear understanding to direct and manage projects through all Defence and Federal government approval processes;
- Proven experience with a range of delivery methodologies and contracts relating to construction;
- Experience on large construction projects;
- Strong communication and leadership skills; and
- A passion for delivering outcomes and have commercial acumen.
- Australian citizenship and holding or be able to successfully obtain and retain a minimum Australian Government Baseline Security Clearance is mandatory;
- 15+ years of demonstrated recent construction project experience with client-side and Defence project experience desirable;
- Professional qualifications in project management, architectural, engineering, construction management or similar;
- AIPM Certified Practicing Project Director certification or equivalent;
- Well-developed presentation and communication skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to manage business relationships, including negotiation and successful resolution of contentious issues.
WHAT'S ON OFFER
RPS will provide you with generous remuneration + additional employee benefits such as flexible work arrangements, career development opportunities, professional memberships, paid parental leave, fit for work reimbursement and more.
The Melbourne office has a fantastic culture, including opportunities for collaboration and social activities with our other business units within Project Management and cross-divisional opportunities.
RPS is a market-leading project management team specialising in the delivery of large complex projects. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most influential and talented leaders in the industry.
If you have the skills mentioned above and are looking for an exciting job opportunity within a rapidly expanding organisation, please submit your application today!