The Project Delivery Branch delivers ‘cradle to grave’ project management for the ten year capital works program. Given the impact on these projects for our region’s future, this is an extremely rewarding area to work in.
Your role within this is to contribute to the development, delivery and reporting of transport and engineering infrastructure projects.
Key duties include (but are not limited to):
- Program management of transport related programs, including detailed scheduling, financial tracking and continual reporting.
- High level of scheduling, planning, procurement and resource management, ensuring integrity with timeframes and approvals.
- Liaising with external agencies and stakeholders including the community with a willingness to listen and respond with appropriate actions to feedback.
- Contract management for construction, transport and engineering infrastructure projects.
- Delivering projects in a way that reduces the impact on the environment, ensures performance and support delivery of Council’s broader objectives.
We’re looking with someone with an innovative attitude, with the ability to think logically, creatively and laterally and implement effective solutions. You’ll also thrive under pressure and in dealing with complexity, often in a fast-paced setting. This is a full-time role until November 2022.
Key requirements of this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Project Management, Architecture, Planning (or similar).
- Extensive experience in infrastructure planning, design and construction delivery on a medium to large scale.
- Substantial project management experience in major project development, management, economic analysis, financial management, and the coordination and delivery of project.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, particularly in stakeholder engagement, conflict resolution, and inspiring team members in delivering positive outcomes.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and dedicated workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 9-day fortnight - to support your enjoyment of the lifestyle benefits Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Pay you 17.5% loading when taking annual leave (4 weeks entitlement per year)
- Generous Superannuation benefits - council will also contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution
How to apply
Your written application should include:
- A 1-2 page cover letter demonstrating your ability to fulfil the mandatory and desirable requirements on the Position Profile. Keep the key responsibilities in mind when addressing this criteria.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Once you have these two documents ready, click ‘Apply for this job’ and follow the prompts to complete your application (the vacancy number is 1100).
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2021-2025.
For specific enquiries contact Ben McGovern during business hours on 07 5420 8704.