Two of Australia’s leading telecommunication companies, Vodafone Hutchinson Australia and TPG, have come together to form TPG Telecom Limited, combining a mobile network covering more than 22 million Australians and a fixed line network delivering exceptional performance. TPG Telecom Limited has a powerhouse of brands like Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara & AAPT committed to connecting Australians for the better.
TPG is Australia’s second largest Internet Service Provider and a leader in the telecommunications industry, having already connected more than 425,000 customers to the NBN so far. For more than 20 years TPG have outshone the rest with award winning customer service and a passion for doing things differently.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Liaise with various stakeholders throughout the Company to ensure successful outcomes with minimum impact to TPG network and customers
- Physical site audit to generate a node and cable list
- Feasibility and new fibre infrastructure design
- Cable removal and migration plan
- Identify circuits to be migrated (per node)
- Generate Network design and purchase of new hardware to support migration
- Generate work orders to install and commission new nodes
- Service identification and capacity planning on fibre network
- Design migration strategy for each customer service
- Order new service to migration destination (internal service or 3rd party carrier if required)
- Manage migration of services
- If required, build new fibre infrastructure to support migrations
- Implement circuit migration and cable removal plans
- Liaise with 3rd party carriers to remove infrastructure from site
- Manage customer interactions for migrations
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (e.g. IT/Telecommunication or Business etc.)
- Minimum of 1-year experience in project management, running complex delivery solutions.
- ICT or Telecommunications delivery experience is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunication fibre networks.
- Sound administration work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of spatial systems and their application.
- Demonstrate expertise in or understanding of:
o Telecommunications industry regulations
o Interpretation of relevant legislation and regulations
o Negotiation, relationship building and networking skills
o Microsoft Office skills
o Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal
o Problem solving and diagnostic ability
o Organisational skills and the ability to manage and meet competing deadlines
Interested? Send your resume today, we are excited to hear from you!