The Project Officer supports the work of the State Office team in the administration and delivery of matters relating to corporate governance, financial reporting and election planning and delivery. This role will also contribute to the administration and management of specific projects relating to the conduct of an Electoral Event.
The Project Officer assists in monitoring project timeframes, budgets and reporting to ensure that project goals and timeframes are met, along with utilising expertise and knowledge to support the delivery of compliance and governance functions, election events and project outcomes.
To excel you’ll have:
- Ability to contribute to developing project proposals, requirements and timelines, with the ability to assist with managing project progress.
- Ability to undertake project support activities including completing routine reporting, managing resources and budgets, and ensuring projects are on track to meet end user requirements.
- Research and analysis skills, with the ability to report on findings and contribute new ideas.
- Proficiency in computer based project tools (Microsoft product suite of Project, Excel and PowerPoint), and the ability to quickly learn specialised systems and acquire relevant policy knowledge.
- Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and negotiate with team members, business areas and stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain internal and external stakeholder relationships, and to work with these stakeholders on policy, project and operational issues.
- Experience in mentoring and training junior staff while demonstrating personal integrity and professionalism.
- Basic finance and procurement skills, with the ability to assist with developing spending proposals, processing invoices and reconciling expenditure.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.