The Project Officer assists in the day to day management of matters relating to the corporate governance and election readiness functions of the State Office. This includes administrating, planning and coordinating short term tasks and longer term initiatives. During an election event, the Project Officer will deliver key State Office projects as required.
The Project Officer needs to be flexible, organised, goal-oriented, able to clearly communicate results and focused on delivering high quality outcomes
To excel you’ll have:
- The ability to provide broad administrative support to the unit and specific projects such as records management or communication.
- The ability to prepare minutes of meetings and/or committees and provide general administrative support for secretariat work within a project.
- Experience conducting research and analysis, providing reports and conclusions on findings and assisting in the drafting of policy and delivery of projects.
- Proven experience to accurately recording project progression, expenditure and resource allocation.
- An ability to support the procurement processes of the work area including using templates to initiate procurement.
- A demonstrated ability to work under supervision and undertake management functions such as asset, property or security management.
- Experience assisting with the planning, scheduling and completion of components of projects.
- An ability to check project progress including monitoring schedules and checking budget data.
- A demonstrated ability to manage increased workloads in the context of tight timeframes.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.