The Project Officer supports the work of the State Office in the administration and delivery of matters relating to corporate, governance and election readiness functions, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and work area planning for longer term initiatives.
The Project Officer also contributes to the administration of specific projects relating to the conduct of an Electoral Event. The role assists in monitoring project timeframes, budgets and reporting and ensuring that project goals and timeframes are met.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge to support the delivery of corporate, compliance and governance functions, election events and project outcomes.
This position is an agile position and during the election cycle will be required to contribute to the delivery of different projects across the State Office as agency priorities necessitate and as directed by management.
To excel you’ll have:
- Resilience and positivity with the ability to respond and adapt to changing operational environments.
- Confidence and the ability to communicate, collaborate, negotiate and sustain productive relationships with team members and key stakeholders to achieve project/program and agency goals.
- A strong commitment to working harmoniously within a team to achieve positive results and support the AEC’s strategic direction.
- Experience in successfully setting priorities and contributing to the delivery of quality results for medium to large sized projects or programs.
- Demonstrated use of general analytical skills to make evidence-based and effective decisions.
- Ability to achieve results within legislative, program, budget and policy parameters.
- AEC employees must be Australian citizens.
- Any person who is, and seen to be active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict neutrality of the AEC and cannot be considered.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain a character clearance.
- Applicants are required to consent to, undergo, obtain and maintain the security clearance required for this role.