About the project
Reimagining healthcare in Australia: the journey from telehealth to 21st century design. Join this industry, government and University research collaboration funded through the Digital Health CRC. This exciting collaborative involves Digital Health CRC, the Consumer Health Foundation (CHF), Deloitte and Curtin University. With the successful candidate being located at the Consumer Health Forum in ACT.
Australia has seen a rapid acceleration of virtual care capacity as a result of the COVID-19 global pandemic. While the pandemic has incited a willingness amongst consumers, practitioners, providers and government to explore the application of virtual care, there remains a lack of clarity around the role of and aspirations for virtual healthcare design and delivery in Australia.
This project aims to define the priority activities required to ensure Australia embeds virtual/tele/digital capabilities into the ‘new normal’ of healthcare delivery. It will examine the impact (including quality and safety, economics, social, technical infrastructure, industry, governance) of the government and industry-led policy and service delivery changes in response to COVID-19, and provide direction for future digital healthcare delivery in Australia, anchored in the patient experience. Through this thought-leadership piece, we will identify key themes and directions in virtual health care redesign and delivery, informed by consumer insights, to support future service development and research.
The research aims will be explored through three research phases including the hosting of a series of webinars, creation of a rapid review and whitepaper, and a research series that involves consumer surveys and focus groups that will evaluate directions in virtual care anchored in consumer preferences and patient experience.
In this role you will
This 12 month contract role will be supervised by CHF and Curtin academic colleagues, the post will be supporting the delivery of impactful and translational research that is relevant to consumer focused health policy. You will be responsible for shaping and managing the project, ensuring successful completion of this collaborative research project which has significant high profile impact.
- Manage project scope and governance as well as monitor and control project resources and costs.
- Manage all activities related to the project from start up, planning, implementation and close-out, using appropriate project management methodology and systems, to achieve the defined project outcomes.
- Develop relevant business case and project initiation documentation, including work plans, timelines, implementation and evaluation methods, costings and communication strategies.
- Build relationships with and liaise with relevant partners and stakeholders to identify project deliverables and negotiate clear objectives and appropriate project outcomes.
- Ensure appropriate risk management is carried out for project, escalating risks as required to ensure action is taken to mitigate them.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress, updating the status using the approved project management systems, templates and tools.
- Carry out a combination of desktop research, interviews (face-to-face where possible), focus groups and workshops.
- Produce recommendations for reform and the recommended means for measuring success.
- Produce and present quarterly reports to the Project Steering Group.
- Communicate results - recognising the intersecting audiences of consumers, academics, policy makers, industry, educators and politicians.
Why join the project?
- Join a small team focussed on supporting the consumer voice, based at the CHF office located in central Deakin location.
- Be supported by experts from knowledgeable and credible organisations.
- Gain experience of impactful and translational research practice.
- A flexible benefits package with excellent superannuation provisions.
- Part time 0.6 FTE role with flexibility around working days and hours. Offers a great secondment opportunity for those seeking to diversity their skills and work on impactful research.
- Development opportunity to gain exposure to a range of partners across government, industry and university sectors.
- Wellness is part of our culture, and we encourage positive lifestyle choices through a range of activities and initiatives.
For further information on Curtin and all of our employee benefits visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with
- Postgraduate qualifications (or progress towards) in a health, business or consumer focussed discipline.
- A genuine interest in consumer driven health care.
- Demonstrated high level project management skills with the ability to manage and implement project plans to achieve desired outcomes within budget and resourcing constraints.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to consult and liaise effectively with a diverse and complex range of stakeholders; government, policy and community groups.
- Demonstrated high level written communication skills with the ability to construct clear and concise project reports.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple and often competing tasks with attention to accuracy and detail within deadlines.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a cross functional team, including the capacity to supervise and manage other staff.
- Demonstrated critical analysis skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to understand and apply research methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of research environments within the tertiary education sector (desirable).
- A formal certification/accreditation in project management (desirable).
Please apply on-line with a cover letter, resume and brief response to the selection criteria listed above to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. For the position description please copy and paste the following link into your browser: https://cloudstor.aarnet.edu.au/sender/?s=download&token=d799b15e-b8ba-4b34-8951-1d7aa396f6f0
Applications close: 9PM Sunday 24 January
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our talent team on Laura Keenan on 08 9266 4640.
If you would like to speak to a technical specialist please contact Professor Suzanne Robinson by email: Suzanne.email@example.com