Location: Forrestfield, Perth
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary plus bonus on offer
- Opportunity to make a difference in a Top 50 ASX listed company
- Organisational culture that proudly supports inclusion and diversity
- Modern, up-to-date working space in a safety focussed organisation
Aurizon is offering an exciting opportunity for a senior project manager to join the well-established project management team within the Rollingstock Program to manage a growing portfolio of projects in Perth. The senior project manager will be expected to work collaboratively with numerous internal and external stakeholders to deliver end to end rollingstock projects grounded in theory.
Expected start date is early to mid February 2021.
About the role:
- Develop project management plans inclusive of scope, cost, schedule, and quality management
- Establish Work Breakdown Structures as well as budget and schedule breakdowns
- Manage, monitor, and control all project activities as well as functional, operational, and legal requirements
- Manage external Contractors delivering rolling stock overhaul, modification or construction projects
- Facilitate feedback on project cost, time, and quality to the project sponsor, project team, and senior management
- Finalise projects on completion including the transfer of assets, closure of financial systems, and auditing
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Extensive experience in rail or rollingstock project management
- Relevant industry recognised qualifications or tertiary degrees preferred
- In depth understanding of project management methodologies, PMBOK is preferred
- High degree of commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for effective collaboration and stakeholder management
- Effective time management skills
- Motivated by detail orientated and analytical work
- Highly adaptable and composed under pressure
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
For more information on this position (reference 76213), please contact James Tooley at James.Tooley@aurizon.com.au.